NLT becomes Disability Confident Committed employer
WITH 7.7 million working age people in the UK having a disability, NLT Training Services is delighted to have been accredited as a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives, the voluntary government scheme is designed to encourage employers to both think and act differently with how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
NLT is now part of the movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
Sarah Temperton, Chief Executive at NLT Training Services commented: “I’m delighted that NLT is now a Disability Confident Committed employer. We want to ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.”
Accreditation lasts three years and in order to become a Disability Confident Committed employer a business needs to consider the five commitments below:
- Ensure your recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled people
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
In addition to this, the business also has to commit to offering disabled people at least one of the actions listed below:
- Work experience
- Work trials
- Paid employment (permanent or fixed term)
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Paid internships and supported internships
- Student placements
- Sector-based work academy placements
Sarah added: “Through our Step into Work programme we are able to support people moving into work who may have a disability. Helping people and offering solutions is at the heart of what we do at NLT, so achieving Disability Confident Certification was a natural next step for us.”
To find out more about what becoming Disability Confident Committed means, please visit here. Or, to learn more and register for NLT’s Step Into Work programme, please get in touch with Janice Parker on 07947 550 571 or email email@example.com